Custom keycaps for UHK

Hey UHK community!

My name is Simon from FK, I wanted to let you know that we now support the UHK layout in our keycaps customization app called Yuzu Keycaps.

It’s quite a big deal for me personally as I started my mechanical keyboards journey with a UHK, and still enjoy it some times to this day. It is this exact layout that sparked the idea of making an app where anyone could get just the keycaps they need. That was 5 years ago, and only today is it possible to order them for this specific keyboard…

Anyways, I’m looking forward to hearing what you think of the app and if you are able to get exactly the keycaps you need to match those crazy macros/shortcuts you may have configured on your own keyboard.

Custom keycaps for UHK

4 Likes

This is very exciting, and thanks for the heads-up!

Can you share some photos of the keycap set? I’m sure the community would appreciate it. It would give them confidence and could boost sales.

1 Like

Absolutely, so let’s start things with a giveaway then!

There are customer reviews on the website too if people want to check out the quality of the keycaps.

@kartsims Just checking something - pretty sure this is a no but well you never know…

The keys on the UHK have labels also printed on the sides (to show what the alternative layers do), when i use your site it does allow me to position text in the bottom area, like this:

But I’m pretty sure that wouldn’t actually work and result in the label “test” being printed on the bottom side like that, is that correct?

Thanks - great news re: the keycaps regardless.

Matt

Hey Matt,

You are right, unfortunately they can’t do that at the moment but I will ask eventually. I created a feature request in case you want to upvote and get notified when/if it becomes possible

Well-done configurator, I am impressed by the options for customizing individual keys.
Two questions:

1. Is it possible to order individual keycaps, instead of the complete set?

2. Do you also have an option for translucent/ shine-through caps that allow RGB-backlight through the labels?

Hey Stefan,

Thank you for the kind words!

To your questions we have another service actually called FK Custom that offers both options: individual keys and shinethrough keycaps. I did not mention it before because it doesn’t support the full UHK layout (yet) as we are waiting to be able to purchase blank keycap sets first.

For Yuzu we won’t have the possibility to order individual keys anytime soon however.

1 Like

Thank you for the speedy response and the link. I appreciate it.
It’s great to have all these additional options. Finding high quality keycaps has always been one of the trickier parts on my quest for the perfect board. Yuzu seems like a very promising complement.