Letter 7 randomly injected?

I have just updated the agent to v4.0.0, and the keyboard’s firmware as well. All seemed good and working, but I’m noticing that I have the letter 7 getting randomly injected wherever I had the focus earlier. For example, I had Slack open before switching to Firefox to type this message, I went back to it to see if I could capture the problem and here it is:
And on another FF Window where I had ChatGPT open:

I haven’t changed any configuration at all after updating the agent. I’m not sure how to debug this. Any suggestion?

Are you sure this issue is firmware-specific? I think it’s rather due to Fixing misbehaving keys - Ultimate Hacking Keyboard

You can check if it’s a firmware issue by downgrading and trying to reproduce it.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure I haven’t hit that key when the problem happens. I also had a crash of the KB later in the day, it completely stopped responding. I had to disconnect and reconnect the twisted cable to restore it.

I’ll try downgrading the FW.

FWIW I am on
Agent version: 4.0.2

• Right keyboard half firmware: UltimateHackingKeyboard/firmware: 11.0.0
  • Left keyboard half firmware: UltimateHackingKeyboard/firmware: 11.0.0
  • Key cluster firmware: UltimateHackingKeyboard/firmware: 11.0.0
  • Trackball firmware: UltimateHackingKeyboard/firmware: 11.0.0

I have not experienced the issue you have described. The keyboard and firmware have behaved well with no issues.