How to use a similar function to ifShift when it comes from a macro

Hi guys, I have a problem with a macro. I want to invert the key slashAndQuestionMark, in order to get that, I tried to put the next code in a macro:

ifNotShift suppressMods tapKey LS-slashAndQuestionMark 
ifShift suppressMods tapKey slashAndQuestionMark

But I have another macro named Caps on doubletap assigned to my regular Shift key, this macro do the next:

holdKey leftShift
ifDoubletap tapKey capsLock

I realized that my first macro works only when I use a regular Shift, no a macro, and I found this in the documentation,

• ifShift/ifAlt/ifCtrl/ifGui/ifAnyMod/ifNotShift/ifNotAlt/ifNotCtrl/ifNotGui/ifNotAnyMod is true if either right or left modifier was held in the previous update cycle. This does not indicate modifiers which were triggered from macroes.

And I was wondering how to work it out this, so I tried to use ifKeyActive and ifNotKeyActive, without success. Could you guys give a hand with this? Thanks in advanced.

Change your shift macro to:

holdKey iLS
ifDoubletap tapKey capsLock

For explanation, search https://github.com/UltimateHackingKeyboard/firmware/blob/master/doc-dev/reference-manual.md for “composition modes”.

1 Like

Thanks so much Karel, you’re the best, it works like a charm. I’m going to dive in the documentation to learn more.

1 Like

I know you have a solution already, but to just switch the shifted and unshifted function of a key you can also introduce a Shift layer. There you assign the (in that case) unshifted key and on the base layer you assign the shifted version. I use this with success to change a US international layout in the operating system to my custom layout, where some keys need to swap shifted function as well.

2 Likes

That’s interesting. Let me try it, I’d like to apply this functionality on more keys, and I think that I should do less work with this approach. Thanks for sharing @rpnfan. Greetings.