BIOS / Legacy HID mode

Hi, new to the forum and community. Just received my first UHK today.

I was wondering if there is any way to make the keyboard work with legacy devices which requires regular HID? I have some older machines and Playstation where the UHK does not work in BIOS.

Looking in threads for other keyboards there is usually a way to activate “BIOS Mode” where the keyboard.

Strange. UHK does support the boot protocol. I believe that suitable protocol should be chosen automatically.

Please try to flash 8.10.12 firmware: Release 8.10.12 · UltimateHackingKeyboard/firmware · GitHub (That’s the last firmware before the n-key rollover was added.)

I will try to downgrade and try on bios then.

And how about Playstation? It is identified but no input works. Would be nice if there was a way to achieve this as well.

No idea, sorry.

USB interface order and 6KRO/NKRO support can affect this issue, just as with KVM switches. We plan to address such issues.

Fantastic! I’ll follow those and hope for the best. Thank you! KVM was actually another question i was going to raise.

I rolled back my firmware to 8.10.12 and it works with PS5, KVM switches and bios. Thank you. Looking forward to getting this fixed in later releases as well.

Unfortunately the config from 10.5 / 10.6 did not translate well backwards. Guess this is expected of course.

Indeed, Agent implements only upward translations.

Just flashed latest release 11 and unfortunately it stopped working again. So either the order are still not set correctly or something else differs between 8 and all above.

6KRO support · Issue #536 · UltimateHackingKeyboard/firmware · GitHub is yet to be addressed.

Great! Looking forward to it. Might try the one posted yesterday to see if it works with my stuff as well. Could the 6KRO option possibly be set per Keymap as a setting?

6KRO vs NKRO will be a global setting, as USB re-enumeration is required to switch between the two.

I see. Can confirm that the version provided by brianhsu here works on all my devices again: https://github.com/brianhsu/firmware/releases/tag/kvm-11.0.0https://github.com/brianhsu/firmware/releases/tag/kvm-11.0.0

Also mentioned in the #536